Thursday, April 2, 2009






Well....the pollen has taken over our house and poor Chapman is suffering with his allergies....he was up all night last night with stuffy, runny nose and coughing every breath.....He and Carson both ended up in bed with us and about 4 am he finally went to sleep and so did I....then we were up for swimming lessons for the first time since the summer.....I was so proud of Carson when he swam the whole length of the pool by himself with Miss Becky close by....I am so thankful that he has turned out to be a strong swimmer...He was so proud of himself...that little grin I love broke across his face when he saw me give him a "thumbs up" and I started chanting his name across the entire swimming pool like a crazy woman....that's my boy....then there is Chapman.....my timid, cautious one who is still afraid to float on his back....he did the "starfish" today without screaming and having a complete and utter meltdown....he was so proud of himself, constantly looking my way for approval....both of them saying "Look Mommy" about every 5 seconds....it made me think about our relationship with God.....I know we must all do the same thing....always wanting His approval and to "show off" for Him.....He must get as big of a kick out of watching us as we do watching our kids...after all, we ARE his kids.....He is just as proud of us when we reach our goals, make a good decision, choose to turn from sin instead of to it, show the love of Christ to others, etc. .........after he was done, I swooped Carson up in my arms and gave Him a big hug and told him how proud I was of him and the biggest smile was on his face.....that is what I long for from my Father....for Him to scoop me up in His mighty, gentle arms and give me a big hug and tell me "Well Done".....
what about you?......
Be Blessed.....Brenda

1 comment:

  1. Hey, girlie!
    I am glad you have a website to post your great photos, share your thoughts and life with us - your friends. I love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete